P2P-based Virtual Environment Projects
P2P-based 3D Streaming (scene streaming)
- Romain Cavagna, Christian Bouville, and Jerome Royan, "P2P Network for very large virtual environment," in Proc. ACM symposium on Virtual reality software and technology (VRST), Nov. 2006, pp. 269 - 276
- Jerome Royan, Patrick Gioia, Romain Cavagna, and Christian Bouville, "Network-Based Visualization of 3D Landscapes and City Models," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications (CG&A), vol. 27, no. 6, Nov.-Dec. 2007, pp. 70-79.
- Jean Botev, Alexander Hohfeld, Hermann Schloss, Ingo Scholtes, and Markus Esch, "The HyperVerse - Concepts for a Federated and Torrent Based '3D Web'," in Proc. IEEE Virtual Reality (IEEE VR) workshop Massively Multiuser Virtual Environment (MMVE), Mar. 2008. [IJAMC]
P2P-based 3D Streaming (image-based streaming)
Nonlinear Media Streaming
- Yanping Zhao, Derek Eager, and Mary K. Vernon, "Scalable On-Demand Streaming of Non-Linear Media," in Proc. INFOCOM, 2004.
- David Gotz, "Scalable and adaptive streaming for non-linear media," in Proc. ACM Multimedia, 2006, pp. 357 - 366.
- K. Mayer-Patel and D. Gotz, D, "Scalable, Adaptive Streaming for Nonlinear Media," IEEE Multimedia, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 68--83, 2007.
- Niklas Carlsson, Anirban Mahanti, Zongpeng Li, and Derek Eager, "Optimized Periodic Broadcast of Nonlinear Media," IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 10, no. 5, Aug. 2008. pp.871-884.
- Dieter Schmalstieg and Michael Gervautz, "Demand-Driven Geometry Transmission for Distributed Virtual Environments," Computer Graphics Forum, vol. 15, no. 3, 1996, pp. 421-432.
- Gerd Hesina and Dieter Schmalstieg, "A Network Architecture for Remote Rendering," in Proc. Second International Workshop on Distributed Interactive Simulation and Real-Time Applications (DIS-RT), 1998, pp. 88.
- E. Teler and D. Lischinski, "Streaming of complex 3D scenes for remote walkthroughs," Computer Graphics Forum, vol. 20 no. 3, Sep. 2001.
- George V. Popescu and Christopher F. Codella, "An Architecture for QoS Data Replication in Network Virtual Environments," in Proc. IEEE Virtual Reality (IEEE VR), pp. 41-48, 2002.
- Philip Rosedale and Cory Ondrejka, "Enabling Player-Created Online Worlds with Grid Computing and Streaming," Gamasutra Resource Guide, 2003.
- Frederick W. B. Li, Rynson W. H. Lau, and Danny Kilis, "GameOD: an internet based game-on-demand framework," in Proc. ACM VRST, Nov. 2004, pp. 129 - 136.
- Soumyajit Deb and P. J. Narayanan, "Design of a Geometry Streaming System", in Proc. Indian Conference on Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP), Dec. 2004, Calcutta, India, pp. 296--301.
- Christos J. Bouras, Alexandros Panagopoulos, and Thrasyvoulos Tsiatsos, "Implementation of 3D mesh streaming and compression techniques in NVEs," Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds, vol. 17, no. 2, May 2006, pp. 127--140.
- Wei Cheng, Wei Tsang Ooi, Sebastien Mondet, Romulus Grigoras, and Geraldine Morin, "An Analytical Model for Progressive Mesh Streaming," in Proc. ACM Multimedia, Sept. 2007.
- Wei Cheng and Wei Tsang Ooi, "Receiver-Driven View-Dependent Streaming of Progressive Mesh," in Proc. NOSSDAV 2008, May, 2008.
- Huiguang Liang, Mehul Motani, and Wei Tsang Ooi, "Textures in Second Life: Measurement and Analysis," in Proc. P2P-NVE 2008, Dec. 2008.
3D Streaming (image-based streaming)
- Peter Quax, Bjorn Geuns, Tom Jehaes, Gert Vansichem, and Wim Lamotte, "On the applicability of Remote Rendering of Networked Virtual Environments on Mobile Devices," in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems and Network Communications, Oct. 2006.
- Y. Tzruya, A. Shani, F. Bellotti, and A. Jurgelionis, "Games@Large - a new platform for ubiquitous gaming and multimedia," BroadBand Europe 2006. Dec. 2006.
- I. Nave, D. Haggai, A. Shani, A. Laikari, P. Eisert, and P. Fechteler, "Games@Large Graphics Streaming Architecture," ISCE 2008.
- Comverse and Intel Interactive 3D Streaming (Jun. 2008)
P2P-based Media Streaming
- Venkata N. Padmanabhan and Kunwadee Sripanidkulchai, "The Case for Cooperative Networking," IPTPS 2002
- Duc A. Tran, Kien Hua, and Tai Do, "ZIGZAG: An Efficient Peer-to-Peer Scheme for Media Streaming," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2003.
- Yi Cui and Klara Nahrstedt, "Layered peer-to-peer streaming," in Proc. international workshop on Network and operating systems support for digital audio and video (NOSSDAV), 2003, pp. 162 - 171.
- Miguel Castro, Peter Druschel, Anne-Marie Kermarrec, Animesh Nandi, Antony Rowstron, and Atul Singh, "SplitStream: High-Bandwidth Multicast in Cooperative Environments," in Proc. SOSP 2003.
- Meng Zhang, Jian-Guang Luo, Li Zhao, and Shi-Qiang Yang, "A Peer-to-Peer Network for Live Media Streaming - Using a Push-Pull Approach," in Proc. ACM Multimedia, Nov. 2005, pp. 287--290.
- Xinyan Zhang, Jiangchuan Liuy, Bo Liz, and Tak-Shing Peter Yu, "CoolStreaming/DONet: A Data-Driven Overlay Network for Efficient Live Media Streaming," in Proc. INFOCOM 2005.